Nurses Corner

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cold Showers And Quick Fixes

Several years ago, I had a sudden problem with panic. No idea where it came from or why. I'd just finished showering, getting my makeup on, drying my hair (a long, long process)...suddenly I felt like I was stuck on a railroad track and a train was barreling towards me. I couldn't breathe, my heart was pounding half out of my chest, I was shaking all over.

Instinctively perhaps, I turned around and stepped into the shower fully dressed, and turned on the cold water.

I'm not sure if it was the cold water, or the total aversion to having to change clothes and go through the morning female ritual or what. (Don't you love my grammar?) At any rate, 2 more bouts of panic attacks and 2 more cold showers, and no more problems.

I thought I was a genius for figuring this out on my own. Well la-di-da...someone else did too. Read on.
:)


From http://earthclinic.com

Remedy #1: Cold Showers

5 Readers Report Sucess!

John, from Arlington, TX writes, "I started taking cold showers after I developed panic disorder, general anxiety disorder, and moderate depression. Cold showers have been the best distraction out of any other distraction to get a panic attack to go away. It feels so good when I take a cold shower that it is like an addiction to me. I feel instant gratification both physically and mentally when I take cold showers. They our the best to get rid of negative thoughts, minor physical pains from within the body, fear from a panic attack, and anger....
read more here: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/depression.html

Way to go John! Proud of ya.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home