Nurses Corner

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Benefits of Wine

A friend was kind enough to send me this observation about both the benefits of wine and a possible side effect -
enjoy!


"Dear Nurse: after I went to pick up my brandy I checked out your nurse sites and found that nowhere do you mention that drinking wine, although beneficial for the heart also is a major cause of colour blindness. How did I arrive at this conclusion ? Easy ! I wandered through the wine section and noticed they are all in categories of red and white. On further inspection I found not one white wine. They were all various shades of pale tan and upon looking at the so called reds I saw that they were almost all various shades of purple. There were the odd exceptions but even these were more of a deep rose colour rather than a full blown red. I'm sure if you check for yourself you will find that I am right. So that's how I concluded my colour blind theory. What do you think ? ;)"

And whilst we're on the subject, did you know that the benefits of red wine on the heart might be due to plant estrogen in the skin of grapes? (according to http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/12/971219062019.htm)


Maybe it's not the plant estrogens, maybe it's the laughter the wine produces that's actually what's beneficial to the heart ...

For some reason I'm remembering the famous grape stomping scene in I Love Lucy. For those too young to remember I Love Lucy, try to find it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home